672-C PosiGround™ Truck Grounding Control System
The 672-C PosiGround™ Truck Grounding Control System monitors truck grounding status to help prevent fires and explosions due to static electricity discharge during loading or unloading of flammable fluids.
- Monitors the truck grounding status to help prevent fires and explosions due to static electricity discharge during loading or unloading of flammable fluids.
- If the ground connection is not made, or is lost, during loading or unloading the warning horn sounds for 30 seconds, and then the loading system is shut down.
- Two separate ground clamps are used to verify ground contact so no special ground balls or bolts are required, allowing operation at any site. If desired, the system can be configured to work with ground bolts.
- A spark free connection at the ground clamp is ensured by low power battery operation and high resistance isolation from the 12 volt power circuits (horn and shut down).
- Self diagnostic system checks complete ground circuit, and cannot be fooled by a shorted ground cable. The controller continuously displays complete system status on a day and night visible indicator.
- The system is disconnected from the warning horn and loading system when the loading system is disengaged.
- The entire PosiGround™ system is truck mounted, the controller can be placed inside the truck cab or outside by the loading controls. The controller is powered by an internal battery which lasts 10 years.
- Simple installation, only five wires to connect (ground, ground sense, horn, shut down, and optional 12 volt display illumination).
- Operation from -40 °F to +150 °F (-40 °C to +65 °C) ambient temperature.
- One year limited warranty.
Display enclosure: 5” wide by 3” tall by 3” deep
CSA/UL Certifications: None
Explosion proof enclosure: Optional
Display type: 0.7” LCD with LED backlight
Power requirements: Display: None (operate from internal batteries)
Backlight: +12V supplied by truck
Alarms: External indicators must provide their own power
Diagnostics: Display shows different codes depending which mode of operation the display is in.
Programming: The 672C has five programming options, all of which are field programmable at any time with the two switches on the back of the display. The operator needs to
program the time that the warning horn sounds before shutdown, program the warning horn for steady or oscillating sound, program the shutdown mode, program the engagement sensor pullup and to program the engagement sensor polarity. All of the programming options are menu driven on the display, no external programming equipment required.